1. This notice is issued pursuant to Section 7 of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”). For the purpose of this Notice, “Personal Data”, “processing” and “data processor” shall have the meaning as defined in the Act.
2. This Notice applies to any person whose Personal Data is processed by Bermaz Auto Berhad, which context so permits shall include its group companies, its subsidiary companies, its associate companies, its dealers, its assignee, and its successor-in-title (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “our” or “us”) and/or by our data processor on our behalf.
3. In this Notice, “you” shall refer to yourself and such other persons represented by you of which you are providing the Personal Data, including the Personal Data of the directors, shareholders, managers and/or officers of a company; the Personal Data of the partners, managers and/or officers of a partnership; the Personal Data of the officer bearers of a society, club or unincorporated body.
4. The Personal Data processed by us and/or by our data processor may include:
5. The Personal Data is collected and processed by us and/or by our data processor for the purposes:-
6. The Personal Data is collected from various sources including but not limited to:
7. Your Personal Data provided to us may be disclosed by us to the following third parties, for purposes as set out above:
8. The Personal Data provided to us may be transferred to and/or stored in a place outside Malaysia for the purposes and/or to such third parties as set out above.
9. The provision of the Personal Data is voluntary in nature. You may also elect to limit the way the Personal Data provided to us is to be processed by us.
10. In the event the Personal Data provided by you is not sufficient or not satisfactory, or if you limit the way the Personal Data is to be processed, or if you subsequently withdraw your consent to us processing your Personal Data, this may result in us not being able to communicate or correspond with you and/or to provide our business services to you under any potential or existing agreement or arrangement with you.
11. We will take all practical steps, when processing the Personal Data provided to us, to protect the security of the Personal Data.
12. We will retain your Personal Data in compliance with this Notice for the duration of your relationship with us or for such period as we may deem necessary to protect our interests, where otherwise required under any legal, regulatory and/or accountings requirements.
13. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was to be processed.
14. By providing to us the Personal Data, you hereby consent to us processing the Personal Data in accordance with this Notice and the Act.
15. In relation to Personal Data of any third party which are provided by you to us that is not already available in the public domain, you hereby confirm that you have obtained his or her consent that you are providing the Personal Data to us for the purposes as set out in this Notice and that the Personal Data may be disclosed to parties as set out in this Notice.
16. Please note that you are responsible for ensuring that the Personal Data provided to us is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date. The Personal Data collected and processed by us is deemed to be accurate until and unless you inform us otherwise in writing.
17. You may, to the extent as permitted by the Act:-
19. We reserve our rights to refuse to comply with your request for access and/or request for correction as stated above in circumstances permitted by the Act, in which case we will notify you of the same by notice in writing.
20. This Notice may be amended from time to time. By you continuing to engage our services or to communicate with us subsequent to any amendments to this Notice, it would confirm and indicate your acceptance to the amendments to this Notice.